It is crazy how quickly the lazy days of summer can turn into the mad rush of summer camps, play dates, and activities. Since children spell love T-I-M-E, here is a list of things you can do to slow down and say, “I love you.”
- Pull out an old photo album and tell the kids funny stories about when they were little.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Play a board game.
- When you are having a conversation, put down your phone and really listen.
- Lay in the grass and find animals in the clouds.
- Turn on some music and have a dance party.
- Turn off the screens (tv, phone, computer, tablets, etc.) for a set amount of time.
- Run through the water sprinklers.
- Have a make-your-own mini-pizza night. Everyone will be in the kitchen together while making their own dinner.
- Laugh with your kids.
These ideas might be simple, but these are the type of things that your children will remember when they grow up. In fact, this blog entry is rather simple and short because I was too busy laughing and spending quality time with my children. And that’s a good thing.